Sunday 30 November 2008

Sunday night rock 'n' roll

Creedence Clearwater Revival (often abbreviated CCR) was an American rock and roll band who gained popularity in the late 1960s and early 1970s with a string of successful songs from multiple albums released in 1968, 1969 and 1970. The group consisted of singer, lead guitarist, and primary writer John Fogerty, rhythm guitarist and brother of John, Tom Fogerty, bass player Stu Cook, and drummer Doug Clifford. Their musical style encompassed rock and roll and swamp rock genres. CCR's music is still a staple of American and worldwide radio airplay and often figures in various media.

Looking Out My Back Door



Midnight Special



Suzie Q (John Fogerty)



(Nothing Follows)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never, ever, heard of Creedence Clearwater Revival being referred to anything less than "Creedence".

"CCR" = "WTF?"

Jack Lacton said...

Then you're obviously not part of the hip crowd!

I really only ever knew them as CCR.

Anonymous said...

Jayzus! I must be too young for that.

I hope that I didn't scare your pet troll away for good.

Fudgie is entertaining, in a train-wreck sort of way, as he demonstrates the typical lefty responses to logic and facts.

It really must be akin to the "left brain"/"right brain" dichotomy of thought processes.

Then again, Fudge might be a female......

Jack Lacton said...

'boom,

There is no way you scared Fudgie away, as he's assigned to this blog so we've got him for a while yet.

And he is a he. He made a mistake one day and posted with his Blogger ID.

He wants to remain anonymous so I wasn't going to point out to anyone what his real name is.

I do have more class than my leftist opponents, as there's no way they would do the same for any of us.