Sunday 14 October 2007

Sunday night Aussie rock

Hoodoo Gurus are an Australian rock band, formed in Sydney in 1981. Three of the four original members, Dave Faulkner, Roddy Radalj and James Baker were originally from Perth. ARIA announced on 6 May 2007 that Hoodoo Gurus be inducted to the 2007 ARIA Hall of Fame.

With a repertoire of strong original compositions by Faulkner, the Hoodoo Gurus' sound combined elements of sixties power-pop, bubblegum pop, Beatle-esque harmonies, psychedelia and grungy garage rock, highlighted by the impressive guitar work of Shepherd. Hoodoo Gurus were their best on their string of widely acclaimed pop-rock singles including "Tojo", "I Want You Back", "My Girl", "Leilani", "Like Wow, Wipeout", "Bittersweet" and "What's My Scene?"


What's My Scene?



Bittersweet



Like Wow, Wipeout



Miss Freelove 69



My Girl



(Nothing Follows)

No comments: