Tuesday 15 May 2007

Loewenstein the censor machine

Semi-literate, historically ignorant, pretend journalist and author Antony Loewenstein has a well deserved reputation for censoring comments that he disagrees with at his site. Apparently, factual accuracy is undesirable in the world of Loewenstein and his deluded sidekick, Andre.

JF Beck has been on the case exposing Loewenstein's glass jaw for a little while now but if there's one thing that can be said for the serial censor it's that his skin is as thick as his intellect.

In response to a post Is the US headed for another great depression? that describes US military expenditure as an 'insane burden' I wrote what I considered a reasonable response and included a link to a piece I'd done showing US defence spending as a percent of GDP since 1940.

Post submitted. Post censored within about 15 minutes.

Here it is. You work out why it would be censored:
I then responded to another comment with:

That's all true and correct in the real world but it's completely contradictory to what passes as reality in Loewenstein's truth-barren parallel universe.

I then responded to a post Oil law hit's more bumps in the road with:

By 'almost none' it's actually around 16% but people have a view that it's the major source and that's why we're involved in Iraq. I'm actually preparing a post on that subject at the moment. This post was sunk immediately and you can see below that BenZ makes a very similar enquiry about the apostrophe an hour and a half later and...that it's fixed.


According to a post at JF Beck's site, Andre states that "Ant and I are strongly against censoring comments unless of course, they get seriously out of hand."

Do my comments really constitute being "seriously out of hand"? Perhaps I'm being censored for having a history of calling Loewenstein's intellect into question, a position that puts me in the vast majority of people familiar with his work.

I've been blogging for three months, have had a surprising 13,000+ unique visits and have not ever censored a comment.

Unlike Loewenstein, I'm not afraid of being challenged on, and arguing, any of my positions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Loewenstein censors trackback as well.
I've just pinged http://antonyloewenstein.com/blog/2007/05/13/is-the-us-headed-for-another-great-depression/ with a trackback from your post.

I reckon it's got as much hope as anything else that goes into Loewy's moderation.

What an asshat.

Anonymous said...

The answer is apparently yes. He censors trackback as well.

I would have thought a career media-whore would realise that any publicity is good publicity, but we know how Antony really is about debate.

Coach iPhone 6 plus cases said...

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 should be factory unlocked and bootloader should also be unlocked. The device must be Rooted and the battery should at least be 80 percent to install the custom ROM.

Unknown said...

20160920qiujie
louboutin pas cher
ugg boots clearance
louis vuitton outlet online
ed hardy outlet
cheap jordans for sale
ugg boots sale
coach factory outlet online
fake rolex watches
air max outlet
burberry outlet online